When the beautiful colors of fall have disappeared, the scenery can get sometimes pretty stark up here in the Northland. I try to add as much color as possible indoors and out to my winter days.
You can see how I decorated my lilac trees last year. If only the snow always stayed that pretty! I can tell you that is not going to happen when you live in the heart of the city.
This year, I have already begun working on adding some indoor color. Here is a mixed media tag I made this week full of rich, vibrant color. I shared the tutorial on the ColourArte site. I hope you check it out.
Great stuff you will need
- ColourArte Primary Elements: Twilight, Firefly Night, Jasmine
- ColourArte Silks Acrylic Glaze: Autumn Skies
- Gina’s Designs Winter Shape Set
- Gina’s Designs Snowflake Shape Set
- Robin’s Nest Teal Waters Glitter Cardstock
- Robin’s Nest Blue Robin Glitter Cardstock
- Robin’s Nest Azure Straw
- Sizzix Movers & Shapers Magnetic Die Set 2PK – Mini Reindeer & 25 Set by Tim Holtz
- Forever In Time 3D Pop Dots Square Dual-Adhesive Foam Mount, 1/4-Inch, 528 Per Package
- Beacon 3-In-1 Advanced Craft Glue, 4-Ounce
- Krylon 6-Ounce Crystal Clear Acrylic Coating Aerosol Spray
- Ranger ISM-27973 Inkssentials Surfaces Manila Craft Tag, 6-1/4 by 3-1/8-Inch, 20-Pack
- Liquitex Professional Black Gesso Surface Prep Medium Bottle, 8-Ounce
- Liquitex BASICS Gesso Surface Prep Medium, 16-oz
- Packing tape
- Christmas glittery plant